Monday, March 31, 2014

Challenge #7

 
 

 

 Front of card

Inside of the card
This card is made with 2 new B-Line stamps that I purchased in Florida.  I just fell in
love with this line of stamps and Terri at Joan's Gardens is considering carrying them.  If you would like her to do so, please email her with some encouragement.  It is a great line of stamps.
 
I first started out with some prescored paper I purchased at the Owl and the Pussy Cat Store in Fort Myers, Florida.  I covered each section with coordinating paper from Secret Garden by Graphic 45.
I wanted the pattern paper to be seen under the stamp, so I stamped this gorgeous stamp on Clear
Acrylic with StazOn Ink. It was then colored with Wendy's Archival Inks.  I had a hard time deciding how to attach the acrylic to the cardstock, but finally chose to use 2 matching brads and I liked this way the best.
 
I stamped this adorable Victorian girl with Wendy' Archival Ink twice, once on the pattern paper and once on plain paper.  I did not want her face to be plaid, so I cut out the face and glued it onto the pattern paper (paper piecing).
 
Cheery Lynn Corners are added and the Victorian Girl was popped up only on the right hand side and removal tape held the card together on the left side.
 
The challenge for this week is the following:
You can make 3 cards this week. 
 The winner will be chosen by a Random Drawing.
 
A badge will be sent to the winner and Terri at Joan's Gardens will be be sending a prize to the winner.
Here is what you need to do for this week's challenge!
 
  • Use some pattern paper -
  • Use a stamp 
  • Add some corners
  • You must use a product sold at Joan's Gardens     
  •  
    Below are the products I used to create this card.  You can purchase them at www.atjoansgardens.com

    Peacock Feathers Die - Magnolia
    Summer Foliage Die
    Corners B165 by Cheery Lynn
    Secret Garden Stamp by B-Line (inside of card)
    Devon Stamp by B-Line (girl)
    Secret Garden Paper by Graphic 45
    Orange Blossom Archival Ink by Wendy Vecchi
    Glue and Seal by Ranger (you can see my Video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjMIIhrZKHQ





     

    4 comments:

    Mihaela said...

    Welcome home and back to your craft room!!!
    A diffrent style of card, but is just lovely. I love how looks the text inside the card.

    Diane said...

    Very pretty...love the Graphic 45 papers....and I own a bunch of Bline stamps, they are wonderful quality and reasonable priced too, my kind of stamp...lol!! Bet you are glad to be home, even though the weather isn't near as nice..but "there is no place like home", that's for sure!!! Hope you are getting your creative room organized and will get to have some fun in there!!!

    Gretchen Wilson said...

    Joan this is so pretty and so different. Love it. I bet you are glad to be back home and into you own space for a bit.

    Dorothy S said...

    As always, a lovely image. I think I might need to find a donut pan! My hubby is a big fan of donuts - maybe these are not quite as "bad" as the regular ones!!!