Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Cards and Shirts


I need several cards in the next few days, so I made a generic card that can be used for both occasions, Get Well and Birthday.  I love these corners from Cheery Lynn and the 

Scroll in the middle is from Memory Box.  I embossed the velum with a 6x6 Craftwell Embossing Folder.  The card is a 6x6 card.  The Flower is printed on my new Kodak Verite Craft Printer and I used the Cricut to cut it out.  This new technology is amazing.  fussy cutting was never one of my favorite things to do so this is perfect for me. 

 I have another Craft Fair coming  on February 17 in our Community.  On the way to Florida this year, I started thinking what I could do for the craft fairs.  A good friend was doing cards and even though they are not like mine, I did not want to compete with her.  I gave it a lot of thought and finally decided I could design a Pine Ridge Tee Shirt. (that is the name of our community)  I spent days learning how to use the new program for the Cricut (everything is done on the computer which I love).  I sold over 30 shirts at the Craft Fair, so by the time I got them all done I was pretty familiar with my new Cricut.  Now that I have my new craft room, it is much easier.  I can pretty much design anything anyone wants on a shirt, which makes it fun.  I hope to get some signs painted and cute boxes made before the Craft fair.  Lots to do, but I LOVE my new craft room and I could spend all day in it.  I have to force myself to go swimming in the morning at 8. ha

6 comments:

Bobbi Miller said...

Joan, so so HAPPY for you! What a lovely idea about the shirts! They're so cool! Your card is stunning, as always. I hesitate to make anything larger than a standard A2 card, because of mailing and getting it crushed. But, I do have some of those 6 x 6 clear boxes, and I suppose if I spend the time to make such a special card, it deserves to be in its own box, right? :-)
I'm so happy you two are loving Fort Myers. That's my brother's favorite place, but he's here in Arizona now, because we have no family there. And it was hard for him to find a job. But, maybe some day, you and I will be neighbors. I love the water too. And your place is darling! Love the closeness you have to the nature trail in your yard. Glad to hear you're loving it there. Beats the cold winters, right? XO

Elaine M said...

Sounds like you're having a wonderful time in Ft Myers....keeping busy and out of trouble HA. Would love to visit some day.

Patti J said...

Ft. Myers has been good for you - you sound so relaxed and happy!!! Love your card, and what a wonderful idea for your craft fair! Way to go!!!

Olga Moore said...

Your new craft room is your haven. I can imagine how much you're enjoying it and the new technology you're getting used to. Your card is absolutely lovely, Joan. And what a great idea to come up with designing T-shirts representing your community. Wishing you much success in your new ventures! :)

Darlene said...

Beautiful card and WOW look at you go designing T-shirts now! You can't hold a good (and talented) woman down!! LOL Looks awesome! Good Luck at the fair!

Judy Inukai said...

What great shirts. I had no idea you could do something like that with a Cricut. Your card is lovely and its so nice to have some on hand that can be used for whatever occasion arises.